The Easiest Way To Register Trademarks
Use the smart, affordable way to protect your valuable trademark
Get a customised strategy with options to suit any budget.
TWO PAYMENT INSTALLMENTS, 24 HOUR DELIVERY AND NO RED TAPE
T R A D E M A R K R E G I S T R A T I O N P A C K A G E F R O M R 2,1 9 5 . 0 0
Over 25,000 trademarks searched and secured
S O M E O F O U R C L I E N T S
The trademark registration package
- Comprehensive trademark search + feasibility report.
- A free comprehensive search on an alternate trademark if your first one proved to be high risk
- Classification of goods and/or services of your trademark.
- Preparation of appropriate specifications of goods and/or services in the relevant classes.
- All lodging and government trademark application charges.
- Routine trademark registration processing services, excluding objections or oppositions.
- All trademark advertisement fees and expenses and all expenses relating to the obtaining of the Certificates of Registration.
Get it done right
Prevent Costly Mistakes
Over 80% of trademark applications rejected by CIPC are because of infringements, submission errors or incorrect classes.Prevent potential disappointment and costly mistakes.
Trademark Search Specialists
Trademarks should be comprehensively searched in the relevant classes. We are the only qualified independent trademark searchers in South Africa. Our clients include well-known law firm. Results in 24 hours.
- Comprehensive searches are conducted on all the elements of your trademark
- A feasibility report is compiled and send to you
- Expected Time Frame - 24 Hours
- Your trademark applications are filed
- The official confirmation and trademark number are forwarded to you
- Expected Time Frame - 24 Hours
- Your pending application(s) will undergo examination and follow the procedures stipulated by the Trade Marks Act
- You trademark registration certificate is issued as soon as this process is finalised
We keep track of the required procedures and comply on your behalf
Payment in two easy installments
- Choose the option from your quote which suits your budget
- We require 50% deposit for work to start
- We will proceed with the comprehensive search and feasibility report of your trademark
- The final 50% is required when you are ready to proceed with the trademark application
- You will receive your official trademark application confirmation and trademark number
Good-to-know- stuff about trademarks
The differences between a basic search and a comprehensive search
The basic search
- Trademark applications based solely on a basic search have a failure rate of up to 80% or more.
- The results are narrow - it does not check for plurals, synonyms, phonetic-, visual- or conceptual similarities.
- Conflicting classes are ignored.
- Only one database is searched.
The comprehensive search
- Nearly a 100% of trademark applications are successful if a comprehensive search was done.
- Unlike some service providers, our search methods comply with international industry standards. We search everything.
- All conflicting classes are searched.
- We search on multiple databases.
What is a trademark?
- A trademark identifies the goods and / or services of the owner of the mark.
- A trade mark may consist of words, numerals, drawings, signs, symbols, colours or combinations thereof.
- Your trademark can be a brand name, a slogan, a logo or a specific shape or a combination thereof, for example:
- Brand name e.g. NIKE
- Slogan e.g. Just Do It
- Logo (or device) e.g. the NIKE swoosh
- Specific shape e.g. the Coca Cola bottle
- Colour e.g. the Edgar's red square
Tips for a good trademark
- Choosing a trademark that uses descriptive words of your business may not be effective enough to distinguish your brand name from another business.
- Do not copy. In the long run this may be expensive if you are asked to withdraw your trademark.
- Simple and short is best.
- Your trademark should be easy to pronounce, read and remember.
- Research the translated meaning, if any, of your proposed trademark. A negative meaning may be disastrous in an advertising campaign.
- Your trademark should be easy to reproduce in printed or other forms of media.
What things can we trademark?
When trying to come up with your new brand name or trademark, you will probably start hitting your head against the proverbial wall.
It’s not that easy to come up with a catchy, original name and just when you think you’ve nailed it, you find out someone else is using it already.
Think about these guidelines when scratching your head!
- An invented or coined word without any meaning (ZAPPA)
- An ordinary word that has no specific association or reference to the product or service for which it is used (WHITE HORSE for whisky)
- A foreign (in South Africa non-English, non-Afrikaans or non-black language) word with a meaning non-relevant to the product or services (J’TAIME)
- The name of the proprietor or founder of a company (DE BEERS)
- The name of a famous person (COLUMBUS)
- A name from mythology (NEPTUNE)
- It may include initials (PS)
- Be an acronym (SABC)
- Can comprise numerals, with or without letters (3G), represented in ordinary letters / numerals or in special letters / numerals
- And finally, a logo or a pictorial mark, with or without any wording.