Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Information provided by Trademark24 is not legal advice. Trademark24 may use the services of independent third party practicing attorneys to file trademark applications and attend to processes in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Trade Marks Act 194 of 1993.
Trademark24 strives to maintain information that is accurate and useful for most individuals but can make no guarantee that information provided is suitable for any particular circumstance.
Trademark24 claims no rights to images used here. All rights reserved to original artists. From time to time we also use content from other sites and we do concede copyright to those. Although all research will be conducted with all possible care and attention, the outcome is, of necessity, dependent on the integrity and accuracy of the official records.
1. Due to the nature of trademark applications and processes being inherently unpredictable with regard to any objections that may be raised in terms of the Trade Marks Act or the applicable trademark law of various countries, Trademark24 cannot guarantee or underwrite the successful application or execution of a particular process of any trademark. As such, the User agrees to hold neither Trademark24, nor the people associated with them, liable for any unsuccessful trademark applications or execution of process.
2. The User acknowledges the fact that Trademark24 are not attorneys and can therefor not give a legal opinion, but rather an informed opinion. Trademark24 or people associated with it will not appear on behalf of a client in any court or attend legal proceedings. If proceedings arise of a legal nature, it is the client’s express responsibility to appoint an attorney to represent him / her. Therefore, it may be necessary that documents be returned to the customer for proper signature, and in some cases, additional on-forwarding to the appropriate government institution.
All the Trademark24 services are provided as a general service over the Internet and should not be construed as specific legal (financial, accounting, tax, etc.) advice for any specific or factual situation. This service is a paralegal / business service, similar to books or software offering general legal or financial information, and forms you can buy in a bookstore, on disk, or on-line at office and computer supply stores. Trademark24 is not a law firm and does not provide legal, financial, accounting, tax or other advice or services.
It is Trademark24’s intention to provide accurate and authoritative general information in regards to the various subject matters covered. The basic information on this website is provided with the understanding that Trademark24 is NOT engaged in rendering legal, financial, accounting, tax or other professional services. If legal or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought. We regret that we cannot advise you personally or answer any questions that involve the application of the law to a specific situation.
3. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Trademark24.
4. Refund Policy: Because we start work immediately, Trademark24 accepts cancellations (in writing only) up to 2 hours after receipt of proof of payment. A surcharge of 15% will be deducted for banking costs. Otherwise no refunds are given. Company credit is issued in particular circumstances. Trademark24 will not be held liable for any costs that may occur when endeavouring to overcome any objections, oppositions, refusals or disputes with or from third parties or the relevant authority body.
5. Trademark24 uses Fedex or DHL for all services. Note, that registered mail and other courier services are NOT available at this time, at any price due to uncertainty of service providers. If the customer requests courier but does not have an account with one of the courier services listed above, Trademark24 will use our own account and charge the applicable courier charges plus an additional handling fee. Payment in advance is required.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to follow up on the receipt of the requested form / contract / application (or e-mail service). Each service has an estimated time frame. If the customer does not receive their information within a reasonable time, you should follow up with Trademark24. Trademark24 is NOT responsible for following up to insure that the customer has received their information. This is the customer’s express responsibility.
7. Copyright & Trademark Information This website, including all general information, this page, questionnaires, order forms, as well as some of the final forms produced, are copyrighted and protected under the laws of the Republic of South Africa. None of such documentation, forms or materials may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of the owner. All rights conferred under law, whether or not mentioned herein, are reserved.
8. Trademark24 will sign a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement if requested.
9. There is no assurance that the regulations we base our work on, or that the documents we provide are current, or that the forms will achieve the desired goal in all circumstances, or that the general situations addressed will apply to your particular situation. Laws differ in each country and there is no guarantee that this or any other form is valid in your country. You should review the completed application(s), contract(s), and/or form(s) with an attorney or financial advisor before applying any of the information in this web site, or submitting the forms provided to you.
10. Supplementation Information
Trademark24 supplements the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties (such as agents, attorneys or government entities). The request of and provision of information is based on the assumption that all parties involved provide the required information in a complete and truthful manner. Trademark24 cannot be held responsible for the veracity and/or reliability of information provided by the customer or by any third parties.
11. Force Majeure
Trademark24 shall not be held liable or considered in default of its service agreements, implied or express, when the delay of performance is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control and occurring without our fault or negligence, such as, but not limited to the following:
• failure by third party subcontractors, suppliers and/or carriers to provide agreed upon service(s)
• problems or failures in accessing on-line information sources
• problems or failures with phone lines, Internet access service, web site hosting service, or other third party service providers, such as, but not limited to the following:
1. server failures
2. software glitches
3. disputes with copyright owners
4. licensor labor disputes
5. wide spread virus problems (which may incapacitate a single computer, the server, or the Internet as a whole)
6. natural disasters (earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, fire)
7. wars, riots or other acts of civil or military authorities
8. national emergencies
9. labor actions against our company or against any of our service providers
12. Web Site Links: Links to other web sites are provided as an added service and convenience to our customers. Trademark24 assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, timeliness or veracity of the content of linked sites. Their inclusion does not constitute an endorsement of or an agreement with the site or its contents. Trademark24 is not responsible for their privacy practices
13. Trademark24 may make use of accredited, audited digital signatory services according to the practices of the South African Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002, (Act No. 25 of 2002)ECT Act of 2002.
14. Users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
15. Some or all of the above conditions may be applied retroactively. It is the nature of this business to evolve to satisfy the needs of clients and terms and conditions will be adapted accordingly.
16. Your instructing Trademark24 or any part of this business, be it verbal, written or online, constitutes your acceptance of the Agreement and you acknowledge that this will be legally binding.
17. Trademark24 retains the right to revoke, cancel or terminate without notice any agreement between Trademark24 and the User or representative or service providers or customer.